Monday 5 October 2015

Marathon No.120 - The Jersey Marathon


Lesley, Noel, Davey, Me, Lichu & Karen - At the START of the Jersey Marathon

Globtrotters at the Jersey Marathon








Guess what I found in Jersey? - Some Jersey Apples..............


Runner please keep far left!


EY - UP




HALFWAY there............... Yeahhh Livin on a Prayer!


Mile 20











Dave, Me & James - Both from Jersey running their 2nd Marathon!

Marathon Village!




It was a great pleasure to welcome Malcolm Brooke's in to the 100 Marathon Club at the Jersey Marathon on Sunday, 4th October 2015.

 

At the age of 74, he is the oldest member to enter the club. He is an absolute inspiration and I feel honoured to have been asked by Malcolm to attend and introduce him to the crowd. It was great to see so many of the 100 club members there to support him on his special day, especially since there were many of his close family and friends there specially to cheer him on.

 

It was humbling to have been asked by Malcolm to present him with his club T Shirt & Medal in recognition of his 100th marathon.  I was truly privileged to have had the opportunity to be there and to have shared this special day with him. I've never made a presentation in front of a group of people before so this was a first for me. Understandably, I was a nervous wreck during the introductory speech, and luckily I didn't do anything silly like pass out on stage. I had just finished a run, adrenaline and nerves are not a good combination for me. 

 

I was very pleased to see Malcolm came through the finish line and not at all surprised to see that he was running alongside and assisting another runner, a blind runner. In typical Malcolm fashion he was more concerned about assisting a fellow runner than getting through to the finish on his 100th run.  I felt emotional seeing him run through the finish line. I can still remember my 100th Marathon and the feeling of complete exhilaration as I ran through the finish line on my 100th run. I can imagine Malcolm was just as overwhelmed by it all, and it was lovely to see so many marathon runners stand up in honour of Malcolm's achievement. He's done well to complete so many runs. 

 

I'm hoping that at 74 years of age that I'm still racing a long to another marathon.




Presenting Malcolm with his 100th Medal!





Malcolm's 100th CAKE
Malcolm cutting the CAKE!



Running BiB 357

FINISHER Medal - Finish Time :- 5 Hours, 4 Minutes & 46 Seconds

No comments: